This will be our fifth consecutive open day and it continues to go from strength to strength. This year for our royal street party we are working in support of Age UK Suffolk who have kindly let us borrow two beautiful Rempods (reminiscence pods) – you might have seen them on Dragon’s Den. These pop up scenes are a way of helping us all relive times gone by and to revel in
nostalgia. Of course for some people living with memory loss, they can be particularly evocative. We hope that you like what we have done with the Rempods and take the opportunity to explore the home and see what is available.
Our Open Day Programme:
- 2pm Ixworth Free School Choir Entrance Hall (or if dry, south terrace)
- 2.30pm Armchair exercise with Mid Suffolk Drawing Room Leisure Centre
- 3 -4pm Enjoy singing along with Barry Peters Entrance Hall (or if dry, south terrace)
- 3.30pm Informal talk about the history of Stowlangtoft Hall with Cath Catchpole Drawing Room
- 4pm Armchair exercise with Mid Suffolk Leisure Centre Drawing Room.
- All afternoon Explore the 1950s dance hall and vintage pub Rempods Entrance Hall (dance hall) & Dining Room (vintage pub)
- All afternoon Visit the Age UK Suffolk and Parkinson’s UK information stands Library (or if dry, south terrace)
- All afternoon Visit the Woolpit Complementary stand to hear about special teas and complementary therapies Library (or south terrace)
- All afternoon Enjoy refreshments at our Right Royal Knees Up street party Dining Room (or if dry, south terrace and orangery)
- All afternoon Raffle and games Entrance hall (or if dry, south terrace)
- All afternoon Visit our new sweet shop – Sweet Retreat Entrance Hall alcove
- All afternoon Visit our vintage model railway and talk to Bury Model Railway Club volunteers about its restoration Billiards Room.